Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
So lately I've been trying to buy one indie novel a day, and I've been going through B&N because (a) I have a Nook that I still take with me to the beach/pool/etc. for 3G impulse reading goodness and (b) I'm trying to encourage authors who haven't gone Amazon exclusive. I've been recording my progress here (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171202 ) but thought it would be fun to cross post here, too.

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
The indie I bought 03-05-2012 is "Oppression" by Therrien.

I thought the cover looked beautiful, and apparently it's about a near-immortal who is basically a Greek god. Swiffy!

I found this one from the PubIt page. None of the other front page items caught my eye, so I may need recommends for tomorrow. (I'm in a fantasy mood lately. And good sci-fi.)

And if anyone else is buying to encourage B&N indie sales, feel free to post them here. With links!

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
03-06-2012's is The Flaming Sword, because a friend of a friend said it was good. It has several rating, but no meaningful reviews, but it's a dollar and I love the cover. :2thumbsup

I don't know who "Uncle Mylar" is, but I hope his adventures involve giant balloons, because that's what the name makes me think of for some reason. I have no idea why. :)

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
03-07-2010,  I woke up feeling very sad and overwhelmed, but then I remembered it was INDIE DAY. (Every day is indie day!) So that made me feel better. :)

Today's indie book is ZOMG AMANDA HOCKING BOOK that appears to be about zombies. And it's a dollar. Tell me that doesn't make you happy! It makes me happy.

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
03-08-2012, here's a post-apocalypse novel that doesn't have zombies for the zombie-haters! :D

Arena One, by Morgan Rice. Which is described as basically like The Hunger Games except not like The Hunger Games at all! Since the first review lays out all the copious ways the book is different (which I appreciate, thank you, Reviewer!), it sounds like it has the desperate "feel" of THG but in a completely different world-building scenario. I can dig that. :)

(This book is over my $2.99 limit, but I've gotten several 99 cent ones in this thread, and I think it evens out.)

Also: This is SO MUCH FUN. I now have, like, eight Firefox tabs open to PubIt books I want to buy. It's like getting a present every day before Christmas.

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
03-09-2012's is what looks like a transhumanism, or possibly cyber-punk?, novel about Eve and the Garden of Eden. Why not? :D "Eden" by Keary Taylor. Apparently it's not just an indie book, it's going to be an indie movie. :eek: And it has a gorgeous cover. Yowzas.

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
Today's book is...free, which I didn't even notice until I went to buy it. (I'd started with the third in the series, realized my mistake before I bought that one, clicked through for the first one, decided to buy, and then saw it was a freebie. LOL.)

Call of the Herald by Brian Rathbone.

Decent reviews overall, and I kind of like the style of the color (reminds me a little of Avernum art). Even if the cover girl is doing a boobs-and-butt.

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
And since today's was unexpectedly free, I'll pick up a sci-fi: Space Junque by Rigel. :D

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

AnaMardoll
Administrator
Today's is another Rigel book, but fantasy: Give Me, A Tale of Wyrd and Fae. Once again, drawn in by the cover. :D

Re: Daily Indie at B&N

Brin
AnaMardoll wrote
I don't know who "Uncle Mylar" is, but I hope his adventures involve giant balloons, because that's what the name makes me think of for some reason. I have no idea why. :)
Because mylar is what those foil balloons are made of.